Health and Safety Policy Statement
HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974
Download this document
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
- It is the overall responsibility of the Clerk of the Council for Health and Safety for Netheravon Parish Council.
- All employees have to:
a. Co-operate with the Clerk on all health and safety matters
b. Not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health and safety
c. Take reasonable care of their own health and safety
d. Report all health and safety concerns to the Clerk
3. Risk Assessment will be undertaken by the Clerk and updated every year or when the work activity changes, whichever is the soonest.
4. The Clerk will ensure that any action required will be implemented.
All play and sports equipment, picnic tables and park benches to be inspected for cleanliness and damage on a weekly basis by the Parish Council and on an annual basis by ROSPA Inspectors
Court Farm Play Park
All play equipment, signage and perimeter fencing to be inspected for cleanliness and damage on a weekly basis by the Parish Council and on an annual basis by ROSPA Inspectors.
Corfe Wood BMX Track
All earth mounds, layout and signage to be inspected for damage on a weekly basis by the Parish Council and on an annual basis by ROSPA Inspectors
Bus Shelters (High St & Mill Rd)
All bus shelters (3) to be inspected for cleanliness and damage on a weekly basis by the Parish Council.
The village seats at the village green (opposite Garage), outside the library and on the Under- Corfe track (Fifield) to be inspected weekly for cleanliness and damage by the Parish Council.
War Memorial & Surround
The War Memorial and surround area to be inspected weekly for cleanliness and damage by the Parish Council.
The allotments and water standpipes to be inspected weekly for damage by the Parish Council.
The Cemetery bench seats, shed and water standpipe to be inspected weekly for cleanliness and damage by the Parish Council.
- Care must be taken when handling hazardous substances e.g. petrol, oil, garden chemicals. Must read and understand the Safety Data Sheets for all substances.
- When using strimmer goggles, boots and gloves must be worn. They must be in good serviceable condition.
- Care must be taken when lighting bonfires.
- Care must be taken when working round graves. Any headstone or grave in a dangerous condition should be reported to the Clerk.
- Rubbish collected should be disposed of in the bin provided.
- Care must be taken to prevent injury and damage when opening and closing the Cemetery notice board.
- The Parish Council will provide a first aid kit. To be replenished when required.
- When picking up litter gloves and litter picker stick must be used.
- High visibility jacket must be worn at all times.
- Care must be taken when picking up broken glass, needles, syringes etc.
- Rubbish collected should be disposed of safely in the WC bin provided.
- The Parish Council will provide a first aid kit, gloves, tabard & picker stick.
Clerk of the Council
- Office equipment must be used in accordance with manufactures instructions.
- Hazardous substances must be handled with care. Must read and understand the Safety Data Sheets for all substances