Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 9th May 2019 at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. A. LinscerVice-Chairman
Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker
Cllr. T. Barker
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. C. Coslett
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
In Attendance:Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

There were no members of the public present.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR

Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling submitted a full report by email which all members of the Council had received.

19/1

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN  

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. David Burke be elected as Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2019/20

19/2

DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

19/3

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Andy Linscer be elected as Vice-Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2019/20

As Cllr. David Burke had tendered his apologies, Cllr Linscer took the meeting.   He began by calling for a vote of thanks to Cllr. Barker for all the dedication and hard work during the time he was Chairman.  Everything is in a better place for his efforts.  This was agreed unanimously.

19/4

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr. David Burke

19/5

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were no Declarations of Interest

19/6

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 11th April, 2019 be accepted as a true record.

19/7

ELECTION OF COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVE ON OTHER GROUPS  

It was RESOLVED that Councillors should be elected on to the Committees as specified in the Attached Annex A

19/8

FINANCE

a. Balance at bank is £30,873.54

b. It was RESOLVED to approve cheques as follows:

Mrs. M. Towle (stationery, bouncy castle, plants, tubs etc) £618.73

Enford Youth Club – goodies for party £150.00

Hurdcott Landscapes £319.60

WALC subs £422.26

c.  Approval of Annual Governance Statement

The Council approved each question on the Annual Governance Statement.

d. Approval of Accounts 2018/19

It was RESOLVED that the accounts for the year 2018/19 be approved.

e. National Salary Award 2019/20   

It was RESOLVED that the salary of the Clerk will go up in line with the National Salary Awards 2019/20.

 

19/9

COMMITTEE REPORTS

1 . Planning

Cllr. Burke reported that one planning application has been received:

19/04444/TPO WORK TO TPO TREES to fell Horse Chestnut Tree TPO E/375 due to canker disease at Chardon, High Street.

Parish Council Comments:

2 . Flooding and Adverse Weather

Cllr. Linscer reported that the Emergency Plan is nearing completion.

3 . Highways

  • The Gateway signs are now in situ
  • Wiltshire Council have filled the pothole in Choulston Farm Road, but reiterate that it has been done for safety reasons and is not their responsibility.
  • BT have filled in the trench by Vicarage Gardens

 

4. Cemetery

It was agreed that more free trees will be requested to plant around the edge of the Cemetery.

 

5 . Recreation  

Cllr. Linscer reported that a very successful party was held for the children in the Millennium Park to officially open the ‘Brig’.   It was agreed that the Parish Council might consider sponsoring events in the school holidays in the future if the Youth Club would like to send the Council their proposals.   Ian Blair-Pilling observed that the Jubilee Committee might be able to contribute as long as the events were open to the whole of the villages.

 

6 . Allotments

The Clerk reported that the allotment holders are no longer able to park at the Dog and Gun allotments.   All allotments have now been taken.

 

7 . Rights of Way

The Clerk asked that as many councilors as possible attend the Paths for All workshop at the Area Board on 15th May.

 

8 . Netheravon in Bloom

The Clerk reported that the notes from the committee meeting have been circulated.   The compost for the tubs has arrived and the new tubs will be arriving in the next week.   There will be a working party on Saturday 18th May to remove old tubs and compost and put the new tubs in situ.   The Clerk has purchased plant plugs which she is bringing on in her greenhouse to be ready to plant out on 1st June.

 

9 . Jubilee Committee

Music in the Park   The Council agreed to pay for the First Aid Cover for the event, to organize Hi-Vis vests, road closure, and insurance.

 

Representatives on other groups:

a. Phoenix Hall

Cllr. Coslett reported:

  • The AGM of the Phoenix Hall is to be held on Monday 20th May at 7p.m.

Refreshments available from 6.45p.m.

We hope for renewed interest in their Hall from villagers, some of whom may want to sit on committee.

We will be able to present (unaudited) books for the 2018/19 year.

  • We have engaged a firm to review heating methods for the Hall.
  • Pleased to report renewed interest from hirers, with more one-off hirings being booked recently.
  • The £1,000 grant from TAB for racking and storage boxes is being spent, and Bank Holiday weekend will see a transformation of the store area.  
  • Grateful for all the help given by the NPC in getting WCC to sign off on the building controls for the kitchen, where all paperwork is now complete.
  • I would like to remind people that the 200 Club is at the start of its new year of subscriptions.  This lottery is a major source of funds for the Hall. Currently aiming at funding the new fire doors through this route.
  • The committee has registered our Hall with Amazon Smile.  This means that 0.5% of all purchases made through Smile.Amazon, by those who have chosen our Hall as their charity of choice, will be paid by Amazon to the Phoenix Hall as a donation.  [Always start your shopping by going to smile.amazon.co.uk and not the usual amazon.co.uk site.]  Our Hall is registered under the name Netheravon Fittleton and Haxton village Hall, our registered charity number is 1003542.  I encourage all local Amazon shoppers to register the Hall as their chosen charity, it costs the buyer nothing extra, but shop from smile.amazon.co.uk .
  • Coop funds have donated £1,050 to our Hall through their scheme so far, we are hopeful that smile.amazon.co.uk will, over time, contribute to the improvement of the Hall as well.

 

b. Tidworth Area Board

The next meeting is on 15th May, 2018 in Collingbourne Ducis. There will be a Rights of Way workshop called ‘Paths for All’. Everyone is encouraged to attend.

19/10

REPORT by the Clerk

  • A Notice of Vacancy for a Councillor has been put on the noticeboard
  • There is a Highways Meeting on 13th June in Kennet House.
  • Asset Register.   The auditor pointed out that there are discrepancies with values and so it needs working on.   Cllrs. Burke and Linscer agreed to help with this.
  • Cllr. Coslett and the Clerk attended a Training Seminar for Clerks and Councillors.   It was noted from the seminar that there are several policies which are out of date and also some new policies which need to be written.   The Clerk will undertake to bring one policy to each of the next few council meetings for consideration.

19/11

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

  1. Thank you letter from the Youth Club for donation received.
  2. Woodland Trust as offering more free trees.   It was agreed that we would have more for the Cemetery.  

19/12

LIBRARY AND WAR MEMORIAL STATEMENT

The Chairman reminded the Council that the Library or Reading Room belongs to the village with the Vicar and two Churchwardens being the Trustees.  

The Chairman reminded the Council that the War memorial belongs to the Parish Council.  The land is leased from the MOD on a 999-year lease.

19/13

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

There were no General Parish Matters

19/14

DATE OF NEXT COUNCIL MEETING 2019

13th June 2019

19/15

It was RESOLVED to move into Confidential Business under section 100 (4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to discuss the next items on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.

19/16

TO AGREE CONTRACTOR FOR EMERGENCY STORE

It was agreed to make the whole of the store visible by using weld mesh and angle iron frames with a door in the middle with a security padlock.   The agreed contractor is Mike Bolter.