Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held in the Phoenix Hall On Thursday, 20th May, 2021 at 7.30 p.m.

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. D. BurkeChairman
Cllr. R. AylingVice-Chairman
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. C. Coslett
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
Cllr. Mrs. P. Panther
Cllr. Mrs. P. Perry
Cllr. S. Perry
In Attendance:2 members of the public
Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

 

All Councillors signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office before the meeting commenced.

21/1

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN 

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. David Burke be elected as Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2021/22

21/2

DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

21/3

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Richie Ayling be elected as Vice-Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2021/22

21/4

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr. David Jaffray

21/5

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were no Declarations of Interest

21/6

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 8th October, 2020 be accepted as a true record.

21/7

ELECTION OF COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVE ON OTHER GROUPS  

It was RESOLVED that Councillors should be elected on to the Committees as specified in the Attached Annex A

21/8

FINANCE 

a .     Balance at bank is £26,836.90

c .     It was RESOLVED to approve cheques from October 20 to May 21 as follows:

Gerrard – kissing gate materials       £573.16

Payroll       £935.42

Landmarc rent for Millennium Park       £365.00

Mrs. M. Towle – use of home as office       £30.00

Water2Business – allotments       £45.48

Netheravon Newsletter         £250.00

British Legion       £100.00

Hurdcott Landscapes Ltd       £321.83

PKF Littlejohn – external auditors        £240.00

SSE – Village clock       £19.80

Amesbury Printing        £25.00

Payroll       £944.14

Mrs. M. Towle – use of home as office £30.00

All Saints School – books £162.89

Payroll £952.86

Mrs. M. Towle – use of home as office       £30.00

Mrs. M. Towle – Christmas tree, umbrellas etc       £111.90

MOD – water Cemetery       £20.02

RGV – winterising water in allotments       £90.00

SSE – village clock       £19.21

Hurdcott Landscapes Ltd       £201.83

Playsafety – RoSPA Inspection      £255.00

Hurdcott Landscapes Ltd       £201.83

SSE       £20.19

RGV Christmas lights new outside plug       £132.00

Mrs. M. Towle – vouchers for Christmas gardens etc       £112.00

Mrs. M. Towle – use of home as office       £30.00

Payroll       £935.42

Mrs. M. Towle – Viking Direct       £74.46

Hurdcott Landscapes Ltd        £201.83

Tom Gerrard – materials for kissing gate       £59.70

SSE – village clock       £19.01

Payroll       £917.98

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office       £30.00

ICO       £35.00

Payroll      £1022.62

Graeme Allen – paint      £15.49

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office       £30.00

Hurdcott Landscape Ltd       £201.83

Mrs. M. Towle – Hanging baskets       £30.00

SSE – Village Clock       £19.01

Landmarc – allotment rent       £200.00

Landmarc – bus shelter rent       £30.00

 

c .    Approval of Annual Governance Statement

The Council approved each question on the Annual Governance Statement.

d .    Approval of Accounts 2020/21

It was RESOLVED that the accounts for the year 2020/21 be approved.

e .     Approval of money to spend on village tubs

It was RESOLVED to spend £120 on flowers for the village tubs

 

21/9

COMMITTEE REPORTS

 

1 .    Planning

 

20/10921/FUL FULL PLANNING APPLICATION to convert existing offices and store to 4 apartments with associated parking at Old Brewery Works, High Street

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS: Planning Committee declared interest in this planning application as they are friends and colleagues of the applicant.

 

21/00279/TCA WORK TO TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA.   Pollard Willow trees at Yew House, High Street

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS:  Support application

 

21/01388/TCA WORK TO TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA.   Fell one Yew tree at 99 High Street 

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS: Support application

 

PL/2021/03499 WORK TO TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA.   Reduce crown of Willow tree by 30% at St. Aldwyns, High Street

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS: Support application 

 

PL/2021/03478 WORK TO TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA.   Diseased ash and sycamore to be felled at Yew House, High Street

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS:  Support application

 

PL/2021/03939 WORK TO TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA.   Fell two sycamores and crown thin Willow by 30% at Threeways, Mill Road

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS;  Support application

 

PL/2021/04250 WORK TO TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA.   Various tree works at Cormayles, Lower Road

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS: Support application

 

PL/2021/04225 WORKS TO TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA.  Fell ash and sycamore saplings at 7 Wains Way

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS:  Support application

 

PL/2021/03368 FULL PLANNING PERMISSION to demolish two storage buildings and erect a 5 bedroom house, garage and associated external works at land adjacent to 118 High Street

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS: To be considered at planning meeting 20.5.21.

 

Cllr. Coslett reported that there has been a notification of appeal against planning enforcement with reference to the old Mink Farm.

 

2 .   Flooding and Adverse Weather

The Clerk reported that Andy Lincscer has emailed the completed Emergency Plan which needs to be amended.

 

3 .   Highways 

It was reported that Thorne Road and Pigott Close will be resurfaced shortly.

 

4 .   Cemetery 

It was reported that the majority of the trees in the Cemetery have survived.

 

5 .   Recreation  

BMX Track:  It was reported that some of the hedge has been removed so that riders can bypass the kissing gate.   Cllr. Richie Ayling agreed to talk to the young people and find a solution.   At weekends it is very busy at the Corfe with people coming from other villages to enjoy the track.   This causes problems with parking as the road is very narrow at this point.   The Police will be asked to keep a check on this.

 

6 .   Allotments

The Clerk reported that all allotments have now been taken.

 

7 .   Rights of Way

The Clerk reported that some of the local paths are being printed as a tri-fold leaflet with descriptions and photos.  

 

8 .   Netheravon in Bloom

Cllr. Coslett will be judging the Netheravon in Bloom competition in the week beginning 26th July.

 

9 .    Jubilee Committee

Nothing to report

 

Representatives on other groups:

 

a .    Phoenix Hall

Cllr. Coslett reported :

  1. Hall is now well-funded, thanks to grants from Wiltshire Council during lockdown.
  2. Hall is, in the main areas, well maintained and improved.
  3. The major threat to the Phoenix Hall is lack of use and lack of interest from the villagers.  The committee needs new blood, and locals are really encouraged to offer their support.

Please use www.smile.amazon.co.uk if you buy from Amazon - it will help your village hall.

 

b .    Amesbury Area Board

The next meeting will be on 10th June, 2021.

 

21/10

REPORT by the Clerk 

  • The Clerk reminded Councillors to return their expenses forms and to go onto the Wiltshire Council website to register their interests.
  • The Clerk reported that the children’s walk for the Avon Valley RoW Group is underway with the children at the school doing illustrations and a young person doing home schooling with his grandparents writing the prose.

21/11

COMMUNITY GOVERNANCE REVIEW

It was RESOLVED to continue with the request to alter the boundard

21/12

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

  1. A letter has been received from a resident complain about the condition of Choulston Farm Road.   The Clerk reported that it has been forwarded on to the DIO for action.
  2. An email has been received from an allotment holder asking for a resolution to the problem of parking at the Dog and Gun Allotments.     The Clerk agreed to ask for a meeting with DIO.
  3. It was agreed in principle to purchase a ‘Tommy’ for next Remembrance Sunday.  

 

21/13

LIBRARY AND WAR MEMORIAL STATEMENT

The Chairman reminded the Council that the Library or Reading Room belongs to the village with the Vicar and two Churchwardens being the Trustees.  

The Chairman reminded the Council that the War memorial belongs to the Parish Council.  The land is leased from the MOD on a 999-year lease.

21/14

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

  1. It was reported that the state of Queensway is deteriorating.   Clerk to report.
  2. It was reported that PCSO Brewer our new PCSO has been in the Village and send her good wishes.
  3. It was reported that the drain at the Mill Road end of Thorne Road is blocked with weeds.   Clerk to report.
  4. It was reported that the side of the road along Mill Road is collapsing.   Clerk to report.

20/15

DATE OF NEXT COUNCIL MEETING  17th June 2021

Committee2021
PlanningDavid Burke
David Jaffray
Brian Covil
Charles Coslett (Chairman)
Flooding and Adverse WeatherDavid Burke
Brian Covil
Steve Perry
Richie Ayling
Highways (Parish Steward)Brian Covil
Fred Collison
Highways (Community Speed Watch)David Jaffray
Cemetery/Enhancement Netheravon in Bloom Maureen Mitchell
Pam Panther
Charles Coslett
Pam Perry
Recreation includes: Millennium Park
BMX
Court Farm Play
Richard Ayling
Pam Panther
Steve Perry
Phoenix HallCharles Coslett
David Jaffray
AllotmentsCllr. Steve Perry
Rights of Way
Avon Valley Rights of Way Group
Maureen Mitchell
Pam Perry
Steve Perry
Amesbury ABChairman / Vice Chairman
Jubilee CommitteMaureen Mitchell
David Burke
Richard Ayling
DefibrillatorsPam Panther
Maureen Mitchell
Brian Covil
The Chairman and Vice-Chairman are ex-officio members of all committees