Minutes of the Meeting held in the Phoenix Hall on Thursday 24th July 2021 at 7.00pm

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. D. BurkeChairman
Cllr. R. AylingVice-Chairman
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. D. Jaffrey
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
Cllr. Mrs. P. Panther
Cllr. Mrs. P. Perry
Cllr. S. Perry
In Attendance:Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

There were no members of the public present.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR

  • Netheravon is now part of the Amesbury Area Board which has been renamed Stonehenge Area Board
  • Stonehenge Area Board will be to developing informal meetings with parishes some of which will be held remotely. The informal sessions will be held monthly.   If anyone has any questions please in the first instance email either ian.blair_pilling@wiltshire.gov.uk or Jacqui.abbott@wiltshire.gov.uk

21/29

ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from the Police.

21/30

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no Declaration of Interests

21/31

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 24th June, 2019 be accepted as a true record.

21/32

FINANCE 

1 .    Authorization of Cheques 

The following cheques were approved for the months of June/July 20216:

 

Avon Valley Media     £115.24

SSE - village clock     £19.01

Hurdcott Landscape Ltd     £201.83

Curry PC World/Stationery     £393.30

SSE Village Clock     £28.15

Wiltshire Search and Rescue     £50.00

Royal British Legion – Tommy     £200.00

Payroll Site – Annual subscription     £93.60

Payroll     £983.27

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office     £30.00

 

2 .    Bank reconciliation

Balance to agree with bank statement:     £25,893.00

Uncleared withdrawals     £2155.39

Balance in bank     £23,737.61

19/33

COMMITTEE REPORTS

1 .     Planning

There was a discussion about an email received from a resident questioning why the Netheravon Parish Council did not hold an online meeting to discuss the planning application for the conversion of the Old Brewery into residential.

It was agreed that the Parish Council did not hold online meetings during Covid 19 restrictions because it was felt that this would be divisive and could exclude too many members of the public, and some Councillors, from making comments. (Not everyone has a PC or access to Zoom/MS Teams).   This position did not alter the fact that all parishioners and councillors were entitled to comment directly to the Planning Authority (Wiltshire Council) on this as they are on any other planning application.

Netheravon Parish Council reserves the right to choose ‘No Comment’ as a neutral response to any planning application.   (The other options available to the Council are:  Object, Object with conditions, Support, Support with conditions)

It would be Netheravon Parish Council’s preferred choice to hold consultation meetings to which the public can attend in person, when national restrictions allows it to do so.

 

2 .    Flooding and Adverse Weather

  • Nothing to report

 

3 .    Highways 

  • There is a Teams CATG meeting on 12th July.   Cllr. Ayling agreed to attend if possible.
  • Cllr. Jaffray reported that he is forming a Community Speed Watch Group and is asking for volunteers to do the training.  Cllr. Mrs. Panther reported that her husband would be willing to join the group.
  • It was reported that visibility north from Old Post Office Lane onto the A345 is poor because of the bins for Jones Court which are often on the pavement.   Clerk will contact the property management.

 

4 .    Cemetery/Enhancement

The Cemetery Committee had a meeting at the Cemetery on 7th July.   

  • It was agreed that the long grass should be cut and the extension be taken into the contractors contract so that the Cemetery looks good at all times. 
  • The gravel path is very weedy.   Clerk to ask the contractors to spray
  • The garden which borders the Garden of Remembrance looks very neglected.   The Committee agreed to have a working party to edge and weed it.  

 

5 .    Recreation  

It was agreed that a working party would be held to paint the Court Farm Playground on 17th July

 

BMX track

Cllr. Ayling reported that there was a meeting at the BMX track.  

  • It was agreed that an extension to the fence next to the kissing gate was needed.   The Clerk will be informed what materials to order and it will be erected by the users.
  • Anti-social behaviour was discussed and it was agreed that it would be difficult to police.   A log of incidents would be helpful so that the police can be informed with evidence.

 

Adult outside Exercise Equipment

Cllr. Ayling reported that he has met a representative of an equipment manufacturer to discuss possibilities at two sites in Netheravon.   It was a very good meeting and the representative promised to provide material so that a consultation with Netheravon residents can be held at the Church Fete on 11th September.

 

6 .    Allotments

Nothing to report.

 

7 .    Phoenix Hall

Cllr. Coslett reported:

 

8 .   Rights of Way

  • The Clerk reported that the Wilton Cart Track has been cut.
  • The ‘School Walk’ is progressing with the School providing some lovely illustrations for the map

 

9 .  Jubilee Committee

There has been no meeting but at the next meeting plans for a Queens Platinum Jubilee Event will be discussed.

21/34

FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

Stonehenge Community Area Board

The next meeting will be on 23rd September and will be a face to face meeting

21/35

REPORT BY CLERK

  • It was agreed that one pair of pad be ordered for the defibrillators
  • The Clerk reported that she has had a meeting with PCSO Pippa Brewer and the Bobby Van man.   She discussed issues in the village and promised to promote the Bobby Van in the Newsletter

21/36

CORRESPONDENCE

  1. A request for a donation from the Citizens Advice Bureau.   It was RESOLVED that a donation of £50 be sent.

21/37

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

  1. It was reported that ‘Red Devils’ slide is missing from sign at Mill Road
  2. It was reported that the school hedge near the Dog and Gun is overgrown.   Clerk to action
  3. The Clerk was asked to write to Aster to complain about speeding in Downside Road
  4. It was suggested that a Welcome Pack be compiled for newcomers to the village

 

21/38

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 9th September, 2021 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall.