Minutes of a Meeting held in the Phoenix Hall On Thursday, 16th November, 2017 at 7.00 p.m.

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. J. TigheChairman
Cllr. T. Barker
Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker
Cllr. D. Burke
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. R. Hayward
Cllr. A. Linscer
Cllr. P. Mackay
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
In Attendance:Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council
4 members of the public

POLICE REPORT

There was no report from the police.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING

  1. There is a consultation on the development of a new waste management strategy – go to www.wiltshire.gov.uk to take part. Consultation will end on 14th November 2017.  

There is a refurbishment programme for recycling centres.

  1. There is also a consultation on Car Parking charges.   Go to www.wiltshire.gov.uk
  2. Local Plan review.   The new Local Plan will replace the Core Strategy and will go to 2036.    There is a presentation on 30th November in the City Hall in Salisbury.
  3. Superfast Broadband – Attended ‘last 5% superfast broadband event’ organised by Claire Perry with reps from central government, Wilts Council, BT and a range of alternative broadband providers who specialise in providing broadband where it is beyond the reach of the county’s project.  Only areas in this category in Netheravon are Highview bungalow and the buildings west of the old riding school all of which already have >15 MB/s service
  4. Digitalisation.  I have attended a workshop to suggest what we want the Council ’s digital strategy to deliver for our residents in Wiltshire.  I have suggested and shall be pursuing the provision of functionality and connectivity to those towns and parishes that may wish to benefit
  5. Electoral Review -  Electoral Commission has decided to review Wiltshire with results in place for next elections in 2021. From now to Apr info gathering determine no of councillors/size of wards.  Consultation on ward boundaries Sep Nov 18.  B-P on Council’s 10 man Boundary Review Committee.
  6. Everleigh HRC – With the recently discovered problem of leakage and consequently restricted services, I have asked for an assurance regarding the continuation of Everleigh HRC.  The Associate Director responsible states ‘We working with our contractor to consider options and obtain estimates which we will then discuss with members. In the meantime, the site will remain open for deposit of the slightly reduced number of materials.’   The site was closed from 23 October for the exchange of plant and equipment between Hills and FCC, reopened 28 October.’  A recent problem with skies becoming too full to cope with demand has been remedied by hiring and retaining a compactor on site.
  7. Family Learning Festival

This was a great success with 2000 attending in the Tidworth area.  Intend to repeat next year, but will need volunteers for working group and funding.  Marc Read will send out a note giving intentions and needs for next year.

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

  1. A member of the Youth Club Committee asked whether the Parish Council would be happy that a storage container be placed at the back of the Phoenix Hall for Youth Club storage.   The Chairman said that the Parish Council would agree in principle, but would need to know full details of the proposal before a decision is made.
  2. A member of the Netheravon PCC asked if the Parish Council would be happy to contribute towards a plaque to in memory of David Thatcher which will be put up in thePhoenix Hall.   The general feeling of the Parish Council was that this is a very good idea.
  3. The Chairman of Fittleton Parish Council in his role as a member of the Management Committee of the Phoenix Hall spoke about sustainable communities and the survey which the committee have put into the Newsletter.   The Committee hopes to attract more clubs to use the Phoenix Hall so that it can be self- funding when the kitchen is complete.

 

140/17

ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES

Apologies were accepted from:  Cllr. Mackay

141/17

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr. Mrs. Mitchell declared interest in Agenda Item 7.   WW1 Centenary Commemoration.

142/17

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 19th October, 2017 be accepted as a true record.

143/17

REPORT BY CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

  • Cllr. Tighe reported that a meeting has been arranged with a member of the Youth Justice Team.
  • Cllr. Hayward highlighted the problem of the traffic outside the School and so after looking at the problem with the police, it has been decided to form a committee consisting of the School, the Parish Councils, the Police, a representative of the Wiltshire Council road safety team and the army to formulate a School Traffic Plan.   The Clerk will arrange a meeting after Christmas.

144/17

PLANNING

Cllr Burke reported that there are three applications for consideration this month.

17/10702/TCA TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA  Tree work at 116 High Street

17/10425/FUL Application for a new garage at Verandah Villa

17/10782/FUL FULL PLANNING APPLICATION for two storey extension at Mary Ann Cottage, Salisbury Road.

Parish Council Comments:  

Cllr. Burke asked the Clerk to arrange a Planning Meeting to consider the above plans.

145/17

TO AGREE RECOMMENDATION BY THE CHAIRMAN ON THE WAY _ FORWARD FOR THE PHOENIX HALL KITCHEN/STOREROOM

It was agreed by the Parish Council that until the partition wall is in place that funds will not be released for the kitchen.   Cllr. Hayward agreed to obtain three quotations and the Management Committee will choose the contractor.

It was RESOLVED that the Parish Council will jointly fund on a 4:1 basis with Fittleton Parish Council the erection of the partition wall and the yale lock for the door into the hall from the storeroom.

It was RESOLVED that the Parish Council will release the £2400 which is in the budget for the kitchen on completion of the work to the partition wall.   The Management Committee will not be asking the Parish Council for any more money for the kitchen but intend to fund the shortfall by fundraising and they have a number of ideas on how to raise the money.

There was discussion about storage problems which will be solved by the Management Committee in conjunction with the Youth Club.   They will investigate the possibility of storing some archives in the roof space.

The Clerk reported that a resident of Fittleton would like to start up a Toddlers Club in the Phoenix Hall.   She wonders if it would be possible to get any financial help to do this.   It was RESOLVED  to help local organisations with start-up grants.  An application from the Toddlers Group will be considered at the meeting of 12th January, 2018.  

146/17

TO AGREE FUNDING FOR JUBILEE COMMITTEE TO RUN WW1 _ CENTENARY COMMEMORATION EVENTS

Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling reported that in conjunction with the Parish Councils and Parochial Church Council and All Saints Primary School, the Jubilee Committee is taking a lead on a number of initiatives to mark the centenary of Armistice day next year.   

The principal events will be

  • A school history exhibition in Phoenix Hall in week preceding Remembrance Sunday.
  • The planting and dedication of trees in Netheravon Cemetery – dates tbd.
  • A Reception in Phoenix Hall on Sat 10 Nov 18 to include:

Publication of ‘Village Soldiers’ researched and written by Wayne Price.

Launch of digital map of corresponding villages as was circa WW1 with interactive details relating to ‘Village Soldiers’ and other pictures and information showing our community as it was at the end of the War.

  • Remembrance Sunday 11 Nov 18

It was RESOLVED that Netheravon Parish Council will contribute to the commemorations with Fittleton Parish Council on 4:1 basis.   This could cost up to £1500.   The money will probably go towards the starting up of a website with the digital map, history pages and photographs.

147/17

FINANCE

  1. Authorization of Cheques and balance

The following cheques were approved for the month of October/November 2017:

SSE – Village Clock £11.34

Payroll £875.03

Mrs. M. Towle ICO £35.00

Mrs. M. Towle – Family Learning Festival £10.28

Phoenix Hall Hire £10.00

Netheravon Newsletter £250.00

Citizens Advice Bureau –s 137 £25.00

Day Centre s 137 £400.00

Landmarc – Millennium Park rent £365.00

Phoenix Hall Hire £40.00

Falon Nameplates – cemetery markers £365.60

Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60

Grant Thornton - Audi £120.00

Phoenix Hall Charity – clerks wages £1200.00

BT Payphone £1.00

British Legion £100.00

RGV Engineering – clock repair £177.60

Total: £4363.05

Balance in accounts: £25,772.72

 

b. Draft Budget 2018/19

The Clerk presented the draft budget which was agreed with some alterations.   The final budget will be agreed in the January 2018 meeting.

148/17

COMMITTEE REPORTS

  1. AWF and Stewardship

The Clerk has arranged a meeting with Wiltshire Council drainage engineer on 6th December to look at the flooding situation in the High Street and Lower Road.

  1. Enhancement and Cemetery

a. Cemetery

The Clerk reported that she has gained access to the shed in the Cemetery extension   It is empty apart from an owl box.   Unfortunately, the foliage is so thick over the shed that the owls cannot access the box.   It was agreed that a block be removed so that owls can gain access.

Fence removal

Hurdcott Landscapes have submitted a quotation for £200 to remove the concrete fence posts and fill the holes with soil and reseed.   It was RESOLVED that the quotation be accepted.

It was agreed to ask the contractors to do an extra cut if necessary.

b. Millennium Park.  

A meeting has been arranged with Sovereign Playgrounds to look at the Trim Trail and get suggestions for possibly extending it in the future.

The Clerk has discovered that we do not have a lease at the moment.   We need one for security of tenure, so she is investigating the possibility of another lease from the MOD.

The suggested sign was agreed, but the sign makers are to be asked to provide examples of colours to choose from.

149/17

FOOTPATH VICARAGE GARDENS/BERRY CLOSE

It was RESOLVED that the footpath remain closed.   Wiltshire Council will be informed.

150/17

REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

 

  • Tidworth Community Area Board

 

The Clerk reported that we have been offered some signs for playgrounds which say ‘Thank you for not smoking where we play’   It was agreed to put one up in each playground.

  • Tidworth Community Area Partnership

Nothing to report

 

  • CATG

 

Nothing to report

151/17

REPORT BY THE CLERK

  1. The defibrillator has been ordered
  2. Alan Wood and the Clerk attended a Dementia Alliance meeting in Glebe Hall, Winterbourne Earls.   It was very thought provoking and they would like every parish in Wiltshire to become Dementia Friendly Communities.   This does not involve a lot of work by individuals. One of the first steps is to make our businesses into Safe Places.

152/17

CORRESPONDENCE

  1. Wiltshire Wildlife Community Energy Community Fund.   It was agreed to arrange a meeting to talk about wild flowers in the Millennium Park.

153/17

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

  1. Cllr. Hayward reported that the street lights on Choulston Farm Road have been mended.   However we are still waiting for the weeds to be removed from the gutters.
  2. Cllr. Burke reported that a street light opposite Fox House is damaged – 29a

154/17

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 11th January, 2018 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall