Minutes of a Meeting held in the Phoenix Hall On Thursday, 13th February, 2020 at 7.00 p.m.

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. D. BurkeChairman
Cllr. A. LinscerVice-Chairman
Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. T. Gerrard
Cllr. D. Jaffray
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
Cllr. S. Perry
In Attendance:Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

There were no members of the public present.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR

Cllr. Blair Pilling reported:

  • There was a meeting of the RA Museum Community Liaison Group held in the Phoenix Hall.   Every parish was represented from Amesbury to Upavon. The Group were asked for questions and these questions will be answered in an annex to the minutes.
  • Cllr. Blair-Pilling thanked everyone who supported him with the Big Sleep to raise awareness and money for the work Alabare do.   Ian raised £655.
  • He reported that he was pleased with the success so far of the Paths for All project.   It is a great opportunity for Military/Civilian Integration. The military have some historic routes which can be included with the village paths.

19/89

DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

Cllr. Tom Gerrard signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and was welcomed onto the Council by the Chairman.

19/90

ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr:  Charles Coslett

19/91

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no Declaration of Interests

19/92

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 9th January, 2020 be accepted as a true record.

19/93

FINANCE

  1. Authorization of Cheques 

The following cheques were approved for the months of November/December 2019:

Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60

Payroll £942.92

Mrs. M. Towle – Viking Direct £70.03

Mrs. M. Towle – Parkers – lavender for Cemetery £39.93

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office £30.00

 

  1. Bank reconciliation

Balance to agree with bank statement: £17,327.99

 

  1. War Memorial Restoration

It was RESOLVED to go ahead with the restoration of the War Memorial to be ready in time for 8th May, 2020.

19/94

COMMITTEE REPORTS

  1. Planning

20/00578/TCA TREES IN CONSERVATION AREA for tree work to 116 High Street, Netheravon.

PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS:  No objections

 

  1. Flooding and Adverse Weather
  • Cllr. Linscer asked that the Emergency co-ordinator from Fittleton be contacted to find out how he is getting on with adding Fittleton to the Emergency Plan

.

  1. Highways

Netheravon Gateway Signs

The Clerk reported that new signs are being priced but that it is very low priority and so will not be replaced quickly.

 

Pigott Close and Thorne Road resurfacing

The Clerk reported that an answer has come from Wiltshire Council that these two roads will not be resurfaced in the foreseeable future.

 

Choulston Farm Road

It was reported that there is a pothole in Choulston Farm Road near Wains Way.   Clerk will report.   The Clerk reported that two street lights in Choulston Farm Road which have been faulty for about 2 years have been replaced and now work properly.

 

  1. Cemetery/Enhancement
  • The Clerk reported that the lavender plants for the Garden of Remembrance have arrived.   They will be planted when the weather permits.
  • The Council agreed that the plants for the tubs will be paid from Council funds.   It was suggested that two more tubs are needed. One for Harefield Crescent and the other for Court Farm Close.

 

  1. Recreation
  • Cllr. Perry reported that work is being done in the BMX track.   He further reported that mini motorbikes are being ridden in the BMX track.   

 

  1. Allotments
  • There are six vacant allotments.   Clerk will advertise in the Newsletter.

 

  1. Phoenix Hall

No report received.

 

  1. Rights of Way

Avon Valley Rights of Way Group

The Clerk reported that the ‘Phoenix Hall 10 Gate Circular Walk’ has been completed with 4 new kissing gates being installed.    There are now 10 kissing gates around the walk which is 2.97 miles in length.

 

  1. Jubilee Committee

It was reported that the next meeting will be on 19th February.

19/95

FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

 

  • Tidworth Community Area Board

 

Next meeting 2nd March, 2020.

19/96

REPORT BY THE CLERK

The Clerk reported:

 

  • Dog Bin   It was agreed that a dog bin be installed at the corner of Vicarage Gardens.   The Village Handyman will empty every week. The Clerk will put it on the agenda for next meeting to agree price.
  • The Clerk reported that she had attended a briefing on Ash Die Back.   150,000 trees on Salisbury Plain will have to be felled. 800 dead trees along the A345 and C32 will also have to be removed.   There will be road closures at night for 6 weeks starting in March.
  • The 300 trees will be arriving shortly.   These are for the Cemetery. The Clerk will put an advert in the Newsletter asking for volunteers for a planting party.

 

19/97

CORRESPONDENCE

 

  1. WALC Newsletter – has been forwarded by email to all Councillors
  2. Community Policing Newsletter – has been forwarded by email to all Councillors
  3. Army basing newsletter – forwarded by email

 

RAM Community Liaison Group

The Chairman reported that he had attended the first meeting of the RAM Community Liaison Group.   Chairmen of parishes from Amesbury to Upavon attended the meeting together with the local Unitary Councillors.   Also in attendance was an Army representative.   The Protect Netheravon Down group were invited but declined the invitation.   The attendees were asked to put questions on post-it notes.   These questions were answered at the meeting.   Additional questions were requested to be received within a week.   All questions will be answered in an annex to the minutes of the meeting.    It was agreed that the minutes and questions be published on the Council Website.  

19/98

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

  • The Chairman announced that Cllr. Lesley Barker has resigned from the Council.   This meeting is her last meeting. Cllr. Burke thanked Lesley for all she has done for the Council, but completely understands the reason that she has made the decision.   Lesley asked that she and Trevor be kept in touch with the Council and that they would be pleased to help where they can.
  • It was reported that a footway light was faulty on the footpath between Downside Road and Court Farm Close.   Clerk will report.
  • The Clerk asked that everyone reports faults themselves between meetings by phoning 03004560100, going to www.wiltshire.gov.uk and reporting online or downloading the app on their smart phone and reporting the fault on their phone.    She will put details in the Newsletter.

19/99

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Wednesday 11th March, 2020 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall.

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING.