Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 11th January 2018 at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. J. TigheRe-tiring Chairman
Cllr. T. BarkerElected Chairman
Cllr. D. BurkeElected Vice-Chairman
Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. R. Hayward
Cllr. A. Linscer
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
In Attendance:Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council
1 member of the public

155/17

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

It was RESOLVED that Cllr Trevor Barker be elected as Chairman of the Council.   Cllr. Barker signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

156/17

ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. David Burke be elected as Vice-Chairman of the Council.

POLICE REPORT

The Clerk reported that she forwarded on to all Councillors copies of the Community Policing news which the police produce monthly. Netheravon has had very little crime since the last meeting. The Clerk reported that the Bobby Van have extended their area of expertise and will now help anyone over 60 or 18+ registered disabled with online safety advice.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR, IAN BLAIR-PILLING

The Clerk reported that Cllr. Blair-Pilling is away but has emailed that he has nothing to report, but he asked if we think it would be of use for him to arrange regular meetings between Chairmen and Clerks of all his villages in his constituency to talk about problems and issues.  The Clerk has agreed to attend any meetings which Cllr. Blair-Pilling arranges.

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

There were no questions from members of the public.

157/17

ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES

Apologies were accepted from:  Cllr. Mackay and Cllr. Covil

158/17

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr. Roger Hayward declared an interest in item 7 of the Agenda.   He signed the Members Interest Book.

159/17

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 16th November, 2017 be accepted as a true record.

160/17

PLANNING

Cllr Burke reported that three applications were approved by Wiltshire Council this month.   There were no new applications.

Approved applications:

17/10702/TCA TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA  Tree work at 116 High Street

17/10425/FUL Application for a new garage at Verandah Villa

17/10782/FUL FULL PLANNING APPLICATION for two storey extension at Mary Ann Cottage, Salisbury Road.

161/17

RECOMMENDATION BY THE CHAIRMAN TO WAIVE THE REQUEST FOR 3 QUOTATIONMS FOR A PARTITION WALL IN THE PHOENIX HALL AND AGREE WITHH THE REQUEST TO USE THE VOLUNTARY ORGANISATION ‘MANSHED’ TO CARRY OUT THE WORK

The Chairman explained that the Management Committee had the opportunity to get the work on the partition done by the voluntary organisation Manshed at a fraction of the price of commercial quotations.  He therefore asked that the Parish Council waive the agreement last month to get 3 quotations.

It was RESOLVED that the requirement for 3 quotations be waived and that the Phoenix Hall Management Committee go ahead with employing Manshed to do the work. The budgeted money from the Council to do the work on the partition and the kitchen will be released.

162/17

FINANCE

  1. Authorization of Cheques and balance

The following cheques were approved for the month of November/Decemnber 2017 and January 2018:

SSE – Village Clock £11.19

Payroll £891.13

Cardiac Science £1554.00

RGV – repair of clock £108.00

MOD – water for cemetery £14.87

Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60

Allotment Water £92.85

Payroll £934.24

SSE Clock £11.19

CPRE – subs £36.00

Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60

Phoenix Hall – hire £30.00

RGV Engineering – fitting defib £234.00

Total: £4316.67

  1. Bank reconciliation

Balance in accounts: £20,874.46

  1. Budget 2018/19

It was RESOLVED that the budget as presented be approved.   The precept request for 2018/19 will be £24816.00.   This is £3,000 less that the requirement for the year 2017/18

  1. Request by ‘Phoenix Toddlers’ for start-up donation

It was RESOLVED that a donation of £50 be paid as a start-up donation for the Phoenix Toddlers.   This will be for the hiring of the Phoenix Hall and will be paid directly to the Treasurer of the Phoenix Hall.

It was agreed that in the future a Grant Application Form will be filled out which will be considered by a small sub-committee before a formal request be put before the Council.   The applicant will be required to attend the Council Meeting to answer questions.

163/17

DEFIBRILLATORS

  1. Defibrillator situated outside McColls

Cllr. Burke explained that the contract expires in July 2018.   A new contract has been offered by South West Ambulance Service Trust.   It was agreed that the Clerk should obtain a quotation from Cardiac Science.

  1. Defibrillator in Phonebox

It was agreed to have a Saturday morning working party in the near future to clean and remove stickers from the phonebox.   Clerk to contact Cllr. Covil for a date.

164/17

COMMITTEE REPORTS

  1. AWF and Stewardship

Flooding in the High Street

Cllr. Burke reported that after a lot of correspondence with Wiltshire Council, a jetter has worked on the drains in the High Street. They will be returning with a more powerful machine as they found a gulley which was blocked with tree roots.   The next task is for Wiltshire Council to CCTV the gulleys to find any breakages.

There is a question of the ownership of the road to the south of the green triangle.   Wiltshire Council does not have it on their digital map as being adopted by the Council.   This will be investigated further.

The Clerk was instructed to send an email to Wiltshire Council Officer, Andy Coles thanking him for all his efforts on our behalf.

Parish Steward

Cllr. Covil will be asking the Parish Steward to clear out the grips along Mill Road which have got blocked by leaves.

  1. Enhancement and Cemetery

Cemetery

Cllr. Lesley Barker reported that there are moles in the Cemetery.   It was agreed that the Clerk would ask the Contractor to deal with this.

The Clerk reported that the fence will be removed in January.

Phoenix Hall

Cllr. Hayward reported that Manshed will be starting work on the partition at the beginning of next week.   It will take 3 days. A meeting with the Youth Club has taken place and the storage of Youth Club equipment was agreed.    The Management Committee have been lucky enough to obtain nearly new kitchen equipment at a very moderate sum which will help with finances.    The final cost of the kitchen will be way below budget.

Allotments

It was RESOLVED that the two trees which are on the allotment gardens near the Dog and Gun will be removed.   The end allotment where the trees are situated will become a parking area for allotment holders.   A meeting of the allotment holders and interested Councillors will be arranged in February to decide on how this will be done.

After Note:  The two trees were planted contrary to 1(i) of the Terms and Conditions of the lease which states that no trees should be planted on allotment gardens.

Millennium Park.  

Cllr. Linscer reported that a meeting had been held in the Millennium Park with Sovereign Playgrounds who supplied the Trim Trail.   They agreed to replace one rotten timber free of charge.   The other faulty timbers were faulty due to strimmers.   These will have to be replaced in due course by the Parish Council.

Cllr. Linscer showed the Council a suggested plan for an addition to the equipment with costings.   It was agreed that two more quotations should be obtained by the Clerk.   Cllr. Hayward suggested that the Clerk should investigate the possibility of a Lottery Grant to cover the cost.

A decision on the way forward would be made in the February Meeting.

RoSPA Report

Cllr. Linscer reported that he has studied the report and that no urgent action needs to be taken.   The Clerk will investigate the possibility of Aster Houses taking responsibility of the Court Farm playground.   They are definitely responsible for the fencing.   The Clerk agreed to contact Aster.

165/17

REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

  • Tidworth Community Area Board

The next Area Board is on 22nd January, 2018.   The Clerk will attend.

  • CATG

It was agreed to form a sub-committee to come up with a suitable crest for the new Village sign.   This will be Cllrs. Mackay, Burke, Mrs. Mitchell, and the Clerk.

The Clerk reported that the Youth Club have come up with ideas for a sign and also another design was received. The sub-committee will look at the posters and get ideas for a village logo from them.

Cllr. Hayward reported that the white lines around the green need renewing.   Clerk to action.

166/17

REPORT BY THE CLERK

  1. Standing Orders and Financial Regulations

The Clerk reported that she is reviewing the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations and will present an amended version at the next meeting.   One of the additions to the Standing Orders she will be suggesting will be a simple email and social media policy.   The Chairman said that he is in full agreement with an email policy and guidelines.

  1. Health and Safety Policy

The Clerk informed the Council that she will also review the Health and Safety Policy.

  1. Committees

The Clerk asked the Council if she could look at the existing Committees and come up with a more relevant list.   The Chairman agreed with this and will present this at the next Parish Council Meeting in February.

  1. A303 Stonehenge Local Community Forum

It was agreed that Cllr. Peter Mackay become the Parish representative.

  1. Training and Networking Day

The Clerk advised that she had attended a Training and Networking Day at County Hall in December.   It was very interesting and informative.

  1. Dementia Friendly Community

The Clerk asked if anyone would be interested in coming to an initial meeting with a view to making Fittleton and Netheravon Dementia Friendly Communities.   Cllr. Mrs. Mitchell agreed to attend and Cllr. Mrs Barker is interested but could not go to a daytime meeting.

167/17

CORRESPONDENCE

  1. WC Briefing Note.   Publication of WC Brownfield Sites Register
  2. WC Briefing Note.   Notice of Officer Decision about parking charges.   The vote will take place on 16th January.

168/17

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

  1. Cllr. Burke stated that he has had an email from a resident offering to remove the fallen branches from the willow tree in the Millennium Park.   It was agreed that this is the responsibility of the MOD (Landmarc).   Clerk to email the resident explaining the situation.
  2. Cllr. Mrs. Mitchell brought up the question of paying the gentleman who looks after netheravon.net expenses to cover his costs.   The Clerk will contact him and talk to him about this.   This will be put on the Agenda for next meeting.
  3. Cllr. Burke reported that he is working on an idea of having a Soapbox Race instead of a pedal car race this year.   The idea was enthusiastically received and several venues were requested.

169/17

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 8th February, 2018 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall.