Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 9th July 2020 at 7pm at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. A. LinscerChairman
Cllr. D. BurkeVice-Chairman
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. C. Coslett
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. T. Gerrard
Cllr. D. Jaffrey
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
Cllr. S. Perry
In Attendance:2 Members of the Public
Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

Two members of the public were present to talk about the BMX track. Points which were made are as follows:

  • Cllr. Burke complimented them on the track. A lot of hard work has gone into refurbishing and altering it.
  • The young people would like to make a pump track on the flat land which is unused at present
  • Some more chalk is needed
  • An updated sign is needed. The young people will design and make it themselves
  • There was a discussion about people exiting the Track in a dangerous manner. It was agreed to get a quotation for a fence and gate.
  • Parking is an issue as the road is very narrow at that point. People will be asked to park sensibly via the sign
  • Loud music has been heard at night. It was agreed to try locking the gate when it has been installed
  • The young people would like to buy a tool chest for their spades. Cllr. Burke said he could help with this.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR

Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling submitted a full report by email which all members of the Council had received. He also made the following points:

  • Finances: Wiltshire Council have serious financial problems
  • He is now Portfolio Holder for Leisure Centres and Libraries
  • There is a consultation going on at the moment about the future of libraries. Wiltshire Council are opening 3 libraries on 3rd August: Salisbury, Trowbridge and Chippenham. Cllr. Burke asked whether Netheravon Library is in danger of closing for good. Cllr. Blair-Pilling said that no decision has yet been made.
  • Leisure Centres are opening on 3rd August. There is no date yet for opening Durrington and Amesbury
  • Paths for All Project. Leaflets are being printed at the moment for 3 local walks
  • Direct fibre broadband is being put into Downside Road, Pigott Close and Thorne Road
  • Cllr. Collinson reported that the mixed recycling bins are not collected on time. Cllr. Blair-Pilling to look into this.

20/1

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN 

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Andy Linscer be elected as Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2020/21

20/2

DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

20/3

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. David Burke be elected as Vice-Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2020/21

20/4

APOLOGIES

No apologies for absence were received

20/5

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were no Declarations of Interest

20/6

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 11th March, 2020 be accepted as a true record.

20/7

ELECTION OF COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVE ON OTHER GROUPS  

It was RESOLVED that Councillors should be elected on to the Committees as specified in the Attached Annex A

20/8

FINANCE 

a) Balance at bank is £26,836.90

 

b) It was RESOLVED to approve cheques from April 20 to July 20 as follows:

Payroll£952.86
Mrs. M. Towle (stationery,)£32.49
Water2Business£10.99
Hurdcott Landscapes Ltd.£199.60
Hurdcott Landscapes Ltd£201.83
Mrs. M. Towle (flowers + hanging baskets)£310.85
Mrs. M. Towle – Viking Direct£72.12
Landmarc BMX rental£50.00
Payroll£966.82
Payroll£1005.18
Richard Ayling – History website£305.24
Square Meter Media – website£143.98
Hurdcott Landscapes£201.83
BHIB Insurance£730.41
Mrs. M. Towle – Payroll site £93.60

 

c) Approval of Annual Governance Statement

The Council approved each question on the Annual Governance Statement.

 

d) Approval of Accounts 2019/20

It was RESOLVED that the accounts for the year 2019/20 be approved.

20/9

COMMITTEE REPORTS

1 . Planning

Cllr. Burke reported that no planning applications have been received:

 

2 . Flooding and Adverse Weather

Cllr. Burke thanked everyone who helped set up the emergency response to the pandemic and lockdown.

Cllr. Linscer reported that the Emergency Plan is nearing completion. Cllr. Gerrard volunteered to look it over to see if anything needs adding in view of the pandemic.

 

3 . Highways 

It was agreed that the Parish Council should lobby Cllr. Blair-Pilling to try to get Thorne Road re-surfaced or patched.

 

4 . Cemetery 

  • Cllr. Mitchell reported that the 310 free trees had been planted in the Cemetery during lockdown.
  • The 10 hanging baskets have arrived and have been positioned on the brackets in the High Street and on the Library.

5 . Recreation  

Cllr. Linscer reported:

  • James Spencer very kindly moved one of the picnic benches in the Millennium Park
  • All the playgrounds are open. There was a community effort to cut the grass in the Court Farm Playground in time for the opening. Cllr. Perry offered to provide paint for the equipment
  • BMX requests: The Clerk to ask former Chairman if he has access to chalk, Cllr. Gerrard to get quotes for gate and fence.

 

6 . Allotments

The Clerk reported that all allotments have now been taken.

 

7 . Rights of Way

The Clerk reported that some of the local paths are being printed as a tri-fold leaflet with descriptions and photos.  

 

8 . Netheravon in Bloom

Cllr. Coslett will be judging the Netheravon in Bloom competition. There are two new categories this year: Best Council Tub and best allotment.

 

9 . Jubilee Committee

Nothing to report

 

Representatives on other groups:

 

a . Phoenix Hall

The hall has had a tough time, no hire income since 20th March. It continues to rely on grants from the local Co-op shops (£2,479), WCC (£10,000) and, both Parish Councils. Finances show a current bank balance of £16,869.

Committed expenditure from this totals £3,600 approx. so a net figure of £13,000 is nearer the current total.

For comparison purposes, income in April to July 2019 was £3,972 excluding grants. We have missed out on this. With a further £1,253 in the July - September period 2019, this, and more, is at risk this year.

Outgoings have continued during the past 4 months, but were mitigated as much as possible during lockdown. The cleaner and refuse collections were stopped. The electricity and water use were reduced considerably.

The PHMC has taken the opportunity of an empty building to push ahead with planned upgrades. It has:

  • installed new disabled toilet system,
  • new upgraded taps throughout,
  • new LED lights in the committee room and entrance hall,
  • a new kitchenette off the committee room,
  • an outside tap
  • new emergency doors for the main hall.

The hall’s website has been redesigned to better reflect its current state and layout. This is seen as a means by which the PHMC can attract users from outside the local area.

Unplanned expenditure over this period includes the cold-water header tank which failed during lockdown, leading to flooding in the women’s toilet. This has been replaced at a cost of £760. A ceiling will require repainting. There may also be water damage to the wall in 2 places as a result of the hall being under-used.

Extra one-off costs of an estimated £2,000 (at time of writing) will be incurred to ensure that the building is COVID-19 Secure. (For example, the hand driers have to disconnected and paper towel dispensers and pedal bins installed and a new Perspex screen has been made to fit the hatch way in the main hall.) New signage and new Risk Assessments have been undertaken and a new register of all visitors and their contacts is now being kept for 21 days after they visit the hall. This is all undertaken in good faith by volunteers. There is no guarantee that the past regular hirers of the hall will return soon. The PHMC anticipates a long period of very low to no income for the Phoenix Hall.

The committee is seeking to amend the Constitution of the Hall, and has taken advice from the Charity Commission. The aim being to remove places of conflict in documentation and more accurately represent the needs of the current and future users of the hall than is the case at the moment. The changes are to be put to the (NPC) landlord for approval today, prior to presentation at the Hall’s AGM later in the summer for approval before lodging with the Charity Commission.

Please use www.smile.amazon.co.uk if you buy from Amazon - it will help your village hall.

 

b . Tidworth Area Board

The next meeting will be on 28th September, 2020.

 

c . Jubilee Committee

Nothing to report

20/10

REPORT by the Clerk 

  • It was agreed that the bin which will be situated at the corner of Vicarage Gardens will be dual purpose for dog fouling and litter.
  • It was agreed that RGV Engineering will quote to disconnect the village clock from the SSE supply and put a meter in Clock House. The owners of Clock House would be reimbursed for the electricity used.

20/11

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

1 . Email from resident asking that the speed limit along Haxton Road be reduced or traffic calming measures put in.   The Clerk will forward the email to Fittleton for comments
2 . Police Newsletter.

20/12

LIBRARY AND WAR MEMORIAL STATEMENT

The Chairman reminded the Council that the Library or Reading Room belongs to the village with the Vicar and two Churchwardens being the Trustees.

The Chairman reminded the Council that the War memorial belongs to the Parish Council. The land is leased from the MOD on a 999-year lease.

20/13

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

1 . It was reported that the edge of the A345 at the bottom of Whitesheet Hill has fallen away. Clerk to action.

2 . It was reported that there is speeding along the A345. Clerk to request a Metro Count.

3 . It was reported that the hedge at the corner of Pigott Close and the A345 is overgrown and makes visibility difficult.   Clerk to speak to resident.

4 . It was reported that someone has painted white lines on the road outside Paddock House.   Clerk to investigate.

5 . The Clerk was asked to thank everyone for volunteering during lockdown.

20/14

DATE OF NEXT COUNCIL MEETING 

10th September 2020

20/15

It was RESOLVED to move into Confidential Business under section 100 (4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to discuss the next items on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.

20/16

CO-OPTION OF COUNCILLOR

There are three candidates for the space on the Parish Council.   The Clerk was asked to write to all three to make sure that they still are interested.   Councillors will choose next meeting.

 

Committee2020
PlanningCllr. David Burke
Cllr. David Jaffray
Cllr. Brian Covil
Cllr. Charles Coslett
Cllr. Andy Linscer
Flooding and Adverse WeatherCllr. David Burke
Cllr. Brian Covil
Cllr. Andy Linscer
Highways (Parish Steward)Cllr. Brian Covil
Cllr. Fred Collison
Cemetery/EnhancementCllr. Maureen Mitchell
Recreation includes:
Milllennium Pk
BMX
Court Farm Play
Cllr. Andy Linscer
Cllr. Tom Gerrard
Phoenix HallCllr. Charles Coslett
Cllr. David Jaffray
AllotmentsCllr. Steve Perry
Rights of WayCllr. Maureen Mitchell
Tidworth ABChairman / Vice Chairman
Jubilee CommitteCllr. Maureen Mitchell
Cllr. David Burke
DefibrillatorsCllr. David Burke
Cllr. Maureen Mitchell
Cllr. Brian Covil