DRAFT - Minutes of the Meeting held in the Phoenix Hall on Thursday 16th September 2021 at 7.00pm

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. D. BurkeChairman
Cllr. R. AylingVice-Chairman
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
Cllr. Mrs. P. Panther
Cllr. Mrs. P. Perry
Cllr. S. Perry
In Attendance:Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

A member of the public was present who raised a question about a query on boundaries of her property.   The Chairman responded that the question is being dealt with by the Ministry of Defence and it is in their hands.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR

 

Paths for All

Thankyou to the Phoenix Hall and Mary Towle for providing the venue and refreshments.  The Stonehenge Area Paths for All initiative was launched last Friday with £5000 available for grants to any organisation working to improve access and usage of our right of way.  Principal points of contact are myself and our Community Engagement Manager, Jacqui Abbott. 

 

Resurfacing Roads

Piggot Close and Thorne Road to be resurfaced Oct-Nov 21.

 

Afghan Refugees

Wiltshire Council is keen to welcome and assist Afghan refugees.  A number are already transiting in a hotel in Wiltshire and the Council is assisting with linking them to Schools, GPs and seeking housing.  There have been private housing offers and the Council may use properties controlled by its Stone Circle company, but they will not be taking social housing places.  We are still getting details from central government and are advising those wishing to make donations to go to the Red Cross or hold back until the needs and means are clearer. Latest updates are to be found on Wiltshire Council website. Leader of Wiltshire Council has been highlighting the number of vacant MoD properties in the county which we believe could assist.

 

Consultations

Climate and Green/Blue Strategies consultations are currently running in parallel until 17 Oct.  

Climate Strategy has 7 themes (transport, built environment, waste, green economy, energy generation, storage and distribution, natural environment including farming and food and carbon neutral council)

The Green/Blue strategy  addresses how to protect and enhance Wiltshire’s natural environmental assets.

See Wiltshire Council website for details of Webinars and drop in sessions in main libraries.  

Hard copy available to view in every library including Netheravon.

21/39

ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES

Cllrs:  Coslett, Jaffray, Collison

21/40

21/17 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no Declaration of Interests

21/41

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 24th July, 2021 be accepted as a true record.

21/42

FINANCE 

1 .    Authorization of Cheques 

The following cheques were approved for the months of July/August/Septem 2021:

Hurdcott Landscape Ltd     £201.83

SSE – Village Clock     £27.53

CAB     £50.00

David Jaffray – flowers for tubs     £45.00

M. Towle – art prizes for school     £75.92

Payroll     £983.27

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office     £30.00

Payroll     £1000.09

Wicksteed Leisure - Paint     £40.20

Hurdcott Landscape Ltd     £201.83

WALC Training     £36.00

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office     £30.00

Mrs. M. Towle – Dog and Gun Vouchers     £220.00

Hurdcott Landscape Ltd     £381.83

Wicksteed Leisure – paint    £40.20

CDS Groundworks     £672.00

Sovereign Play     £257.22

SSE – Village Clock     £27.44

Littlejohn – External Auditor     £240.00

 

2 .    Bank reconciliation

Balance of transactions £19,398.25

Uncleared withdrawals £3,501.64

Balance in bank £22,899.89

 

3 .  Conclusion of Audit

The Clerk reported that the External Audit has been completed without any problems.   The accounts will appear on the noticeboard and website

 

4 .  To agree prizes for Netheravon in Bloom competition

It was RESOLVED that first prizes will be £20, second £15 and third £10.   Paid in Garden Vouchers.

 

19/43

COMMITTEE REPORTS

1 .     Planning

PL/2021/07113 TREE WORKS to remove all branches of conifer hedge back to source on the access driveway section due to encroachment on neighbours land at Church View, High Street

Parish Council comments:  Support

 

PL/2021/06287 PLANNING PERMISSION ON LISTED BUILDING.   Proposal for sympathetic internal reconfiguration works on a 1st floor bedroom and existing shower room, works to consist of the removal of an internal gypsum and stud wall and insertion of a new stud wall to reconfigure the layout of the existing shower room at Flint House, High Street

Parish Council Comments:  Support

 

PL/2021/07950 TREE WORKS to fell sycamore to the ground at 2 Vicarage Gardens, Netheravon

Parish Council comments:  Support

 

PL/2021/07473 PLANNING PERMISSION to construct single storey side extension at 618C Thorne Road, Netheravon

Parish Council comments:  Support

 

2 .    Flooding and Adverse Weather

  • Nothing to report

 

3 .    Highways 

The Chairman expressed concern about the chippings which have been left in the layby on the south of the Village.   There are signs that rubbish is being dumped and also he is worried that the gully will be blocked once again.   Clerk to monitor the situation.

 

4 .     CATG

The Clerk reported that there is a CATG meeting on 20th October.   This will be a virtual meeting.   It is important that the Parish Council is represented as discussion on the speed limit on the A345 will be discussed.   Cllr Ayling agreed to do this as the Highways representative does not have access to a computer.

 

5 .    Cemetery/Enhancement 

  • It was agreed that the ‘nursery’ trees in the Cemetery will replace the trees which have not taken around the boundary of the Cemetery extension.   This will be done in the winter months when it is wet.
  • The Community Mask Bench has arrived and will be put in situ in the next week.   When the plaque is in place a there will be a small ceremony and photos taken for the Stonehenge Trader.

 

6 .  Recreation

  • It was reported that Cllr. Steve Perry has painted the Court Farm Play Park.   It looks good as new and Cllr. Perry was thanked very much.
  • The Trim Trail in the Millennium Park is being repaired on 13th October
  • Cllr. Ayling has three quotations for the outdoor fitness equipment.   The Clerk will be applying for grants to fund it.

 

7 .    Allotments

The state of several of the allotments was discussed.   It was agreed that the Clerk should write formally to two allotment holders at the Dog and Gun allotments.   The two allotments at the Piggot Close Garden will be re-allocated.

 

8 .   Phoenix Hall

The Phoenix Hall has had a quiet summer, but the opening up of facilities generally and the greater public desire to get out and about again has helped bookings to pick up.

 

As an example, during September there are only 5 days when the PH is not booked for some function or class.  This is a great improvement.

Youth Club is back on Friday evenings and we have 2 exercise classes using the PH on a regular basis. 

We have a few weekend bookings as well, which is encouraging.

Our income remains below expenditure, as we rely on using the grants received to meet the deficit.

Cheerful Cuppa and The Day Centre, previous stalwarts of the PH have yet to start up again.

Our Secretary resigned during the Summer.  We send formal thanks to Alan Wood who has supported the PH for many years.  Alan Brown has taken on the duties of Secretary to the hall.

 

The Village Hall Committee plans to put in a formal request to its Landlords in the next month to cover the cost of the Booking Clerk as in previous years.  Due to the Phoenix Hall’s grant income its request will be limited to this amount for the 2021/22 financial year.  (NPC = £1,200 plus FcHPC = £300).

 

Our plans include:

 

  • To start a marketing campaign to a wider audience than in the village using press and social media channels.  We hope to have an individual to lead this for the village to give it the focus it needs.  The aim being to increase our hire income.
  • Find a solution to disabled access via the front door (it is side-door only at present), we have a quote for a new double door (£4,000).
  • Find a solution to the car park surface - this is a long term project.
  • Improve the soft furnishings (curtains) in the hall to update the look.
  • Find a local person to take on managing the garden border at the front of the hall to improve our first impressions for our visitors.
  • Continue to encourage villagers to buy via Amazon Smile to support Netheravon Fittleton and Haxton Village Hall, for which a video for social media use has been kindly created by Richie Ayling.

 

The Council discussed whether they would fulfil their commitment to support the Phoenix Hall by paying a portion of the wages given to the Booking Clerk.   Councillors unanimously agreed to continue to support the Phoenix Hall as it is an important part of village life and owned by the village.   This decision will be ratified at the meeting of 7th October.

Charles Coslett, Chairman, Management Committee

 

9 . Rights of Way

The Clerk reported that the School as illustrated the map of their ’10 Gates Nature Trail’.   Years 4, 5. 6 all drew and coloured pictures of animals which they might encounter along the walk.   These were cut out and applied to the plan of the walk.   All pupils were given a small token by the Parish Council to take home before the summer holidays.   This map will be printed and made into a tri-fold leaflet for distribution.

10.   Jubilee Committee

A committee meeting will be arranged shortly.

21/44

FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

Stonehenge Community Area Board

The next meeting will be on 23rd September and will be a virtual meeting.   Cllr. Burke agreed to attend.

21/45

SOCIAL MEDIA

It was agreed that Cllr. Ayling should set up a Netheravon Parish Council facebook page to feed information about Council matters.

21/46

PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATION 2022

It was agreed that Netheravon should have a Beacon/Bonfire on 2nd June next year.   It was suggested that other villages adjoining would like to hold a joint event.   Cllr. Mrs. Mitchell agreed to approach the Jubilee Committee with a view to them organising a village event.  

 

It was also agreed that the Parish should plant a Platinum Jubilee Wood.   Cllr. Burke has approached a local farmer with a view to him giving up a small portion of his tenancy to the Parish Council for the trees.

21/47

REPORT BY CLERK

  • It was agreed that one pair of pad be ordered for the defibrillators
  • Cllr. Steve Perry agreed to paint the village shop defibrillator a bright yellow
  • The Clerk reported that a new Lease has been signed for the Millennium Park.   This is different in that the Council is now responsible for the trees.

21/48

CORRESPONDENCE

  1. An email from a member of the public has been received expressing concern about the lack of disabled access in Netheravon.   The Clerk reported that Cllr. Ayling and she will be meeting the gentleman in the Millennium Park in the near future to discuss the issues.

 

21/49

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

  1. The Village Handyman will be asked to rub down the metal picnic bench in the Court Farm Play Park prior to Cllr. Perry painting it.
  2. Cllr. Burke will provide Cllr. Perry with some black enamel paint
  3. Cllr. Ayling has approached McColls, asking them to provide a bin outside the shop
  4. A Churchwarden has approached the Parish Council asking them to help them keep the Church Car Park maintained.   They will contact the Clerk with the view to meeting with the Parish Council Contractors and pricing the maintenance of the car park.

21/50

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 7th October, 2021 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall.