Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 13th July 2017 at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr Barker TVice Chairman
Cllr Blair-PillingWiltshire
Cllr Burke
Cllr Collison
Cllr CovilVice Chairman
Cllr Howard
Cllr Mackay
Cllr Mitchell
Cllr TigheChairman
In Attendance:Mr AustinClerk to the Council
Mr HardyDog and Gun
Apologies:Wiltshire Police
WO1 MorrisMOD Liaison Officer
Cllr Linscer
Members of the Public:14

96/17

APOLOGIES

The following submitted their apologies about non-attendance at the meeting:

Cllr Linscer

WO1 Morris

Wiltshire Police

97/17

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Nil.

98/17

VERIFY LAST MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 15th June 2017 be accepted as true and accurate.

Proposed – Cllr Barker L

Seconded – Cllr Burke

99/17

OUTSTANDING ITEMS RAISED FROM LAST MEETING

School field access gate – Cllr Hayward has completed a risk assessment for the rear of the Phoenix Hall which includes the patio and access to the playing field.  Cllr Alan Wood from Fittleton Parish Council stated that this had been discussed by Fittleton and they were content for this to go ahead. Netheravon Parish Council has obtained 3 quotes for the work which includes removal of the tree in the rear patio of the Phoenix Hall, a raised bed and the wider gate.  Quotes are in the region of £1000. This was discussed and it was RESOLVED to carry out the work.

Proposed – Cllr Hayward

Seconded – Cllr Tighe

100/17

WILTSHIRE COUNCIL REPORT

Nothing to report.

101/17

MILITARY MATTERS

Nothing to report.

102/17

POLICE REPORT

The local Police summary was available at the meeting for anyone wishing to read it.  The clerk can provide further details if anyone wishes them.

103/17

FINANCE

Cheques

Cheques authorised since last meeting:

Mr Austin Salary – June £453.41

Mr Furnival Salary – June £42.64

Mr Phillimore Salary – June £118.20

HMRC – June £124.80

Hurdcott – grass cutting – May £199.60

Sue Sutcliffe Memorial £156.00

Savilles (BMX Track Rental) £50.00

Mr S Sturgess (Arbor concrete base) £240.00

Phoenix Hall Charity (PC May meeting) £10.00

Collingwood Services Ltd (Party in the park 1st Aid Cover) £132.00

Cash (PC payment for the party in the park band Funk Bunnies) £300.00

Mrs M Morgan (internal auditor) £64.00

Current Funds. At 30th June 2017 the Parish Council Funds stood at £21396.89

104/17

PLANNING

New Applications

Nil.

Decisions

Nil.

105/17

COMMITTEE REPORTS

  • AWF and Stewardship

Cllr Covil raised the issue of the road gulley’s along the High Street which need clearing.  The Clerk stated he would notify Wiltshire via the ‘My Wiltshire’ app.

  • Enhancement and cemetery

The Clerk was asked to contact Marc Read from Wiltshire Council to see if any trees remain (from their allocation) that could be planted in the Parish Cemetery extension.

106/17

REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

  • Tidworth Community Area Board

The next meeting of the Area Board is in the Enford village hall, Monday, 17th

July, 2017, 7.00 pm.  Cllr’s Tighe and Barker T will attend.

  • Tidworth Community Area Partnership

Nothing to report.

107/17

PHOENIX HALL

Cob Wall – The Chairman reported that the Parish Council had received a letter from the Chair of Governors from the All Saints Primary School (also present at the meeting).  The letter requested that the Cob Wall adjacent to the Phoenix Hall be made safe to reduce the risk to children and parents as well as levelling the car park. The Chairman stated he intended to write in response addressing the concerns.

The Chairman stated he had had a local builder look at the wall to give an opinion and assess any perceived risk.  The builder stated that, in his opinion, the wall was fundamentally sound and was not going to fall, but there was some risk from loose tiles on the topping.  It was suggested that Heras fencing could be hired or bought to provide a physical barrier between the Cob Wall and the car park. Cllr Barker T stated he would look into this with an aim to keep the costs to a minimum.

In regard to the work allowing disabled access from the hall to the patio and playing field, Cllr Tighe proposed that the Parish Council agree a sum of up to £1500 donation to the Phoenix Hall charity to enable the work to go ahead.  The exact sum would be confirmed once the contractor had been agreed and after a discussion, this was RESOLVED.

Proposed – Cllr Burke

Seconded – Cllr Covil

108/17

UNIVERSAL CREDIT ROLL OUT

The Citizens Advice Bureau had sent out a letter to Parish Councils explaining the concern relating to people experiencing financial hardship as a result of the Universal Credit and was requesting a donation aid in their work. It was RESOLVED to donate £50.

Proposed – Cllr Mitchell

Seconded – Cllr Collison

109/17

DOG AND GUN ‘AVON VALLEY RALLY’

A number of questions were raised regarding the proposed ‘Avon Valley Rally’ being hosted by Mr Grant Hardy of the Dog and Gun. Mr Hardy stated that the venue had been moved and would now be held in the old cricket pitch opposite East and West Court. This venue will host the complete event and include camping, food/bars, and music for up to 499 people over 4 days, with music from 3pm until midnight.  This was also include security and traffic control for the A345. Mr Hardy stated that he intended to hold a meeting in the Dog and Gun on Sunday 16th July for anyone to discuss the event with him and raise any concerns.  After this meeting, he intended to apply for the appropriate licences and permissions which were currently not in place.

The Chairman stated that while this event was not being organised by the Parish Council, he was engaged with Mr Hardy regarding the event and had recently attended a meeting with representatives from Wiltshire Council and Mr Hardy.

Councillor Blair-Pilling stated that Wiltshire Council had expressed some concern that the event had already been publicly advertised prior to any licences being in place. Wiltshire Council would work with Mr Hardy in relation to the event.    

110/17

DONATIONS

Nothing to report.

111/17

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

A345 Traffic Calming

Cllr Mackay summarised the work to date regarding traffic calming for the benefit of all present.  He then stated that the CATG had agreed to fund 50% of the costs of the Village Gate signs and the Parish Council would match that, totalling £6000.

Memorial to Sue Sutcliffe

The Clerk stated that the Parish Council was awaiting McColl’s to release the funding for the memorial plaque.

Community litter pick and nature walk

Chelsie Phillips from the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust gave a short presentation about the Trust and what it could bring to the Parish.  The main idea being a nature walk combined with a litter pick. There was interest in this, particularly from the youth Club.

Police and Crime Commissioner's Community Action Fund

The chairman brought to the Council’s attention a letter from the PCC regarding funding that was available.  This was considered something that the Youth Club might be able to apply for.

Date of next meeting

14th September 2017