Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 12th July 2018 at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon
Download this document
|Parish Councillors Present:||Cllr. T. Barker||Elected Chairman|
|Cllr. D. Burke||Elected Vice-Chairman|
|Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker|
|Cllr. F. Collison|
|Cllr. C. Coslett|
|Cllr. R. Hayward|
|Cllr. A. Linscer|
|Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell|
|In Attendance:||Mrs. Mary Towle||Clerk of the Council|
|4 member of the public|
ENFORDAV YOUTH CLUB
Two members of the Management Team of EnfordAV Youth Club attended the meeting to give a presentation on their aspirations for a new build Youth Club. They have been in talks with a funding body who have indicated that if they can find the land there will be money available to build a purpose built Youth Club. They asked the Parish Council to agree in principle to lease some land at the back of the Phoenix Hall to the Youth Club for this purpose.
UPDATE ON THE DOG AND GUN
It was reported that Planning Permission has been granted and so the building work will go ahead as soon as possible. When the work is finished there will be something for everyone to enjoy. All the rooms have been completed upstairs and the rest of the work will be completed for a grand opening in December.
PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
A member of the public suggested that the Agenda for Parish Council Meetings should be put on the Netheravon Parish Council website in advance of the meeting. The Clerk agreed with this suggestion and will in future make sure that the Agendas will be on the website a week before a meeting.
REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR
Cllr. Blair-Pilling reported on:
- Salisbury Recovery – Amesbury Incident
- Recycling changes
- Everleigh HRC consultation
- Electoral Review
- Special Needs Schools
- Outdoor Centres
- Preliminary Planning Consent
- He is now Portfolio Holder for ICT and Digitisation
- Parish Chairmen meeting
- SPTA fires and smoke
- Banning of helium balloons and lanterns on Council land
ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES
Apologies were received from: Cllr. Brian Covil
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
There were no Declarations of Interest
It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 14th June, 2018 be accepted as a true record.
- Authorization of Cheques and balance
The following cheques were approved for the months of April/May/June 2018:
Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60
Phoenix Hall Hire £10.00
Cheerful Cuppa £60.00
WALC - Good Councillors Guide £3.49
Mrs. M. Towle – use of home as office £30.00
Phoenix Hall hire £10.00
Trevor Barker – paint £18.95
Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60
Netheravon Day Centre £400.00
Netheravon Newsletter £250.00
Phoenix Hall - Clerk £1200.00
- Bank reconciliation
Balance in accounts: £29,498.20
PROPOSAL: TO AGREE IN PRINCIPLE THAT THE YOUTH CLUB CAN LEASE SOME LAND AT THE BACK OF THE PHOENIX HALL TO BUILD A NEW YOUTH CLUB
It was RESOLVED that the Parish Council agree in principle to the proposal that the Youth Club can lease some land at the rear of the Phoenix Hall to build a Youth Club.
Cllr. Burke reported that there are no planning application for the month of July.
- Flooding and Adverse Weather
Cllr. Burke mentioned the recent fire on the Impact Area which severely affected the village and all the villages in the area and beyond. The Clerk agreed to write to Commander RT Brigade in Tidworth, with copies to SPTA and Environmental Health.
A Councillor complained about the road closures during the recent roadworks. It was agreed to suggest to Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling that any changes to closures in the future should be put on social media.
Nothing to report
A meeting will be arranged in the near future at the Cemetery to discuss the positioning of the WW1 trees.
The Clerk reported that the new Cemetery Groundsman/Handyman is doing a good job around the village. He has painted all the village seats and repaired where necessary. He has also planted the Library garden and is keeping it watered The BMX track has been cleared of rubbish and the Handyman is keeping an eye on it for more rubbish. The Library hanging baskets have been planted.
The Clerk reported that she has not yet received a date for the installation of the new play equipment in the Millennium Park.
The new signs will be installed shortly.
It was agreed that the Handyman be asked to strim the vacant allotment at Pigott Close.
- Phoenix Hall
Cllr. Coslett reported on the progress with the kitchen which is almost finished. He asked that when costs are known to complete the kitchen that the funds earmarked for the Phoenix Hall be released. This was agreed. A meeting which was called by the Management Committee and attended by the Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of Netheravon and Fittleton, discussed the future funding needs of the Phoenix Hall. Costings for projects will be submitted to the Parishes by November so that they can be included in the precept calculations.
- Rights of Way
Cllr. Hayward reported that the footpath from Choulston to Lower Street, Haxton is very overgrown along the part in Figheldean parish. The Clerk stated that she has already reported this to Figheldean Parish Council.
- Soapbox Challenge
Cllr. Burke reported that there has been a lot of interest in the Soapbox Challenge. The next meeting of the Committee is on 30th July. The entry is free, but the Committee will be selling bacon rolls and the profit on these will be going to the Jubilee Fund.
REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS
- Tidworth Community Area Board
The Family Learning Festival is coming to Netheravon again this year. There is a Wiltshire Wildlife Trust Workshop and a Shabby Chic Workshop which will be held at half term. The Parish Council agreed that they will pay for the Hall on one of the dates.
Nothing to report
REPORT BY THE CLERK
- The Clerk reported that she has had a request for a tree for the grass amenity area in Queensway to replace the Rowan Tree which died. This was agreed.
- The Clerk informed the Council that she had been on a Training Day for Clerks and Councillors which was organised by Wiltshire Council and the Society of Local Council Clerks. It was informative and enjoyable.
- There was discussion about the defibrillator outside the shop. Cllr. Burke will contact SWAST to make sure that they do not take the old one away before the new one is purchased. He will also look at the area of the post box in Pigott Close to see whether there are electricity cables left by the removal of the phone box which could be used to power another defibrillator.
- It was agreed that ‘EnfordAV Youth Club 2018’ be engraved on the Silver Jubilee Cup which will be presented at the Church Fete.
COMMEMORATIVE POPPIES FOR WW1
It was agreed to have double sided poppies – so 2 poppies for each name. We will also have the names of WW2 printed so they can be used next year. Locations to be decided.
There was no correspondence.
GENERAL PARISH MATTERS
- It was reported that a field near Wexland Farm is an outstanding wildflower meadow Cllr. Hayward described the many varieties of flowers including many orchids He would like to try to designate this area in some way as he has heard that there is a possibility of it being ploughed in the future. The Council agreed that Cllr. Hayward and the Clerk will get together and write to the SPTA Conservation Group asking for their help.
- Cllr. Collison complained that the trees owned by Aster Group at Downside Road alongside the A345 are overgrown and need trimming. The Clerk has been in contact with the Aster Group and they will be looking at them in the near future.
- Cllr. Coslett reported that there is an invasive plant at the back of the Phoenix Hall which needs removing. This was planted by the Parish Council approximately 20 years ago. The rest of the vegetation which is blocking the layby will be cut back by the Parish Steward.
- It was reported that the potholes in Lower Road have been filled by the Parish Steward.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 13th September, 2018 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall