Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 11th July 2019 at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. D. BurkeChairman
Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker
Cllr. T. Barker
Cllr. C. Coslett
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. D. Jaffrey
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
In Attendance:Cllr. Ian Blair-PillingWiltshire Councillor
Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

There were no members of the public present.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR

Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling reported that:

  • Wiltshire Council has elected a new Leader.   It is Cllr. Philip Whitehead
  • Cllr. Blair-Pilling reported that he has been made cabinet member for IT, Digitalisation and Operational Assets
  • Avon Mutual has been given a grant of £50,000 by Wiltshire Council to achieve the £2m which is necessary to begin trading.   The money will be used for: small business start-ups; people who have difficulty in opening bank accounts; and pop-up banks within the hubs.
  • There is a Paths for All Steering Group Meeting on 17th July
  • The next CATG meeting is on 22nd July at Tidworth Leisure Centre at 5.30pm
  • The next Police Neighbourhood Tasking Group meeting is on 13th August

19/28

ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllrs:  Coslett and Linscer

19/29

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no Declaration of Interests

19/30

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 13th June, 2019 be accepted as a true record.

19/31

FINANCE

 

1.  Authorization of Cheques 

 

The following cheques were approved for the months of May/June 2019:

 

Wessex Water – Dog and Gun £14.23

Peter George – Clock £210.00

Payroll £1074.28

Mrs. M. Towle – stationery £53.56

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office + sundries £48.99

Mrs. M. Towle – stationery + payroll site £133.96

Square Meter Media – website £120.00

Hurdcott Landscapes £247.60

 

2.  Bank reconciliation

Balance to agree with bank statement: £21536.68

 

3.  Local Council Administration

It was RESOLVED that the Parish Council would purchase the latest edition of Local Council Administration by Charles Arnold-Baker for use of the Clerk.

19/32

COMMITTEE REPORTS

 

1.  Planning

 

19/05891/TPO WORK TO TREES WITH TPO – Work to trees at Paddock House, High Street.

Parish Council Comments: No objections

 

It was agreed to have a planning meeting to look at the planning application at 107 High Street.

 

2.  Flooding and Adverse Weather

  • The Clerk reported that the emergency store will be operational shortly

 

3.  Highways

  • The next CATG meeting is on 22nd July at Leisure Centre in Tidworth at 5.30pm
  • The Church has asked if they can advertise the Fete on the Netheravon gateway signs.  This was agreed. The Church will provide the advertising slides.

 

4.  Cemetery/Enhancement

Netheravon in Bloom

  • The Chairman mentioned that the tubs and hanging baskets are in situ.   They are looking very nice and he hopes that it will encourage people to make their own gardens attractive.
  • The Clerk reported that Certificates will be presented at the Church Fete on 8th September.   It was agreed that small gardening themed prizes will also be given to the winners.

Cemetery

  • It was agreed to extend the gravel pathway to the boundary fence.   The trees which have taken need to be replanted in line with the yew trees which can be done in the autumn/winter.   The Clerk to order more trees to fill the gaps.
  • It was agreed to leave the long grass area, but to cut around the fence line.
  • The Clerk to order trees to plant around the fence line to form a soft boundary

 

5.  Recreation

The Clerk reported that she will be applying for a grant from the Area Board for 30% of the cost of two picnic benches.   The Parish Council will pay 50% and a grant from another organisation will pay 20%.

The Clerk reported that she has asked for a quotation from SSE for an electricity supply at the Millennium Park. 

 

6.  Allotments

The Clerk reported that there was a leak in the pipe at the Pigott Close allotments.   This has been repaired, however, Wessex Water has sent the Parish Council a large bill for water wasted.   The Clerk reported that she will be asking for a reduction.

 

7.  Phoenix Hall

There was no report from the Phoenix Hall Committee

 

8.  Rights of Way

Avon Valley Rights of Way Group

The Clerk reported that there is a meeting of the Group on 11th September in the Phoenix Hall.   This will be open to everyone and will be advertised in the Newsletters and on facebook.   The next meeting of the Steering Group is on 17th July.

 

9.  Jubilee Committee

There has not been a meeting of the Committee.

19/33

FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

 

  • Tidworth Community Area Board

 

The next Area Board is on 18th July, 2019.   Cllrs Burke and Linscer will attend.

19/34

REPORT BY THE CLERK

 

  1. Poppies on Telegraph Poles.   It was agreed to include WW2 this year.
  2. First Aid/CPR Training.   It was agreed that as it is going to cost £200 that expressions of interest will be sought in the first place by putting an item in the Newsletter and on Facebook to gauge interest in the training.
  3. It was agreed that we would budget to have the War Memorial cleaned and the lettering re-done for the year 2019/20

19/35

REVIEW OF STANDING ORDERS

 

It was RESOLVED that the Standing Orders which have been amended will be accepted.   They will be reviewed each year in July.

19/36

CASUAL VACANCY

It was agreed that the Chairman will ask the suggested candidate if he would like to become a Councillor.

19/37

CORRESPONDENCE

 

  1. Letter from a resident complaining about growth along the pavement on the A345.   The Clerk will ask the Parish Steward to cut this back.
  2. The Community Police Newsletter has been received and a copy has been emailed to all Councillors.   It was noticed that crime in Netheravon has increased.   The Clerk will ask the PCSO to come to the next meeting.

 

19/38

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

 

There were no General Parish Matters

19/39

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 12th September, 2019 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall.