Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 10th May 2018 at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. T. BarkerChairman
Cllr. D. BurkeVice-Chairman
Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. C. Coslett
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. R. Hayward
Cllr. A. Linscer
Cllr. P. Mackay
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
In Attendance:Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

There were no members of the public present.

REPORT BY WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR

Cllr. Ian Blair-Pilling submitted a full report by email which all members of the Council had received.

  • There was a discussion about the quality of the repairs being done to the A345. Cllr. Blair-Pilling explained that only part of the job had been done and that the rest of the potholes will be filled and the road resurfaced in the near future.
  • Cllr. Blair-Pilling reported that the CCTV camera used for investigating drains is broken which explains why the drains in the High Street had not yet been photographed. Cllr. Covil reported that the last time the Vector machine had visited the site it had run out of water before the job was completed. It is therefore necessary for them to return to complete the job.

18/1

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN  

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. Trevor Barker be elected as Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2018/19

18/2

DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

18/3

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

It was RESOLVED that Cllr. David Burke be elected as Vice-Chairman of Netheravon Parish Council for the year 2018/19

18/4

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr. Maureen Mitchell, Cllr. Peter Mackay

18/5

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were no Declarations of Interest

18/6

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 12th April, 2018 be accepted as a true record.

18/7

ELECTION OF COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVE ON OTHER GROUPS  

It was RESOLVED that Councillors were elected on to the Committees as specified in the Attached Annex A

18/8

FINANCE

a. Balance at bank is £27,481.09

b. Cheques authorised.   No cheques authorised.

c. Approval of Annual Governance Statement

The Council approved each question on the Annual Governance Statement.

d. Approval of Accounts 2017/18

It was RESOLVED that the accounts for the year 2017/18 be approved.

e. Signs for Millennium Park and Defibrillator Box

It was RESOLVED that the quotations for supplying the signs be accepted

f. Donation request of £60 for Cheerful Cuppa.

It was RESOLVED that a donation of £60 be given to the Cheerful Cuppa

g. National Salary Award 2018/19   

It was RESOLVED that the salary of the Clerk will go up in line with the National Salary Awards 2018/19.

18/9

COMMITTEE REPORTS

1. Planning

Cllr. Burke reported that three planning applications will be considered at a planning meeting after the Parish Council Meeting:

18/03411/ADV ADVERTISING APPLICATION for Free Standing pub sign at Dog and Gun

Parish Council Comments:

18/03250/FUL FULL PLANNING APPLICATION for proposed solid roof conservatory to side of property

Parish Council Comments:

18/04180/TCA TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA – Hazel tree – remove epicormics shoots and prune back overhanging branches.

Parish Council Comments:

2. Flooding and Adverse Weather

It was agreed that all the salt bins need filling.   Cllr. Burke to find out whether we need some more salt in bags.

3. Highways (Parish Steward)

No report

4. Transport (CATG)

The Clerk reported that the Royal Flying Corps badge has a copyright so cannot be used without permission.   Cllr. Linscer to find out the person to contact to ask permission.

5. Cemetery

Cllr. Mrs. Barker reported that the Arbor at the Cemetery has been repaired by the Chairman.  Cllr. Burke reported that a new Cemetery Groundsman has been appointed. He will be starting immediately and given a 3 month trial.   The Clerk reported that there is a small quince tree in the way of a grave which has been reserved. It was agreed that it can be cut down.

6.Recreation  

The Clerk asked if half of the Millennium Park grass be left long as a meadow.   Perennial meadow flowers could be planted and a path mowed round. This was agreed.   The Clerk reported that there is a quantity of rubbish in the BMX area. Cllr. Linscer to look at the area and Cllr. Burke will help clear it up with a pick up.

7. Allotments

The Clerk reported that the Council have had notification that the MOD require us to cut down the trees in the Allotment garden.   It was agreed that Mrs. Skinner will be informed and the Clerk will get two quotations for the job.

8. Rights of Way

Cllr. Hayward reported that the Old Wilton Cart Track is overgrown and needs cutting.   The Clerk will ask Mr. Sheppard if he can do this.

9. Defibrillators

Cllr. Burke confirmed that the contract on the defibrillator is up in July.   He will contact SWAST to try to buy the old defibrillator.

Representatives on other groups:

a. Phoenix Hall

Cllr. Coslett reported that although the income from the hire of the Hall is up, it will not cover the cost of the maintenance.   There are several large jobs which have to be done and with that in mind the Committee have produced a Business Plan setting out their requirements.   This will be examined at the AGM in June. Cllr. Coslett suggested that after that date a special meeting of the Parish Council be convened to discuss future funding.

b. Soapbox Challenge

Cllr. Burke reported that several test runs had taken place.   There are now two soapboxes which have been built and the committee are hoping for many more after the event is advertised.   An advert will appear in the Stonehenge Trader on 1st June.

c. Tidworth Area Board

The next meeting is on 14th May, 2018 in Collingbourne Ducis.

d. Jubilee Committee

Nothing to report

18/10

REPORT by the Clerk

The Clerk reported that we have been sent a link to the website which is in the process of being built.    She will send the link to everyone for comment.

The Clerk reported that she has costed dog bins:  Small £103.82, Medium £208.75. To empty: £7.50 per bin fortnightly.   It was agreed that before committing the Council to a lot of extra expense an article will be put in the Newsletter asking for the views of the public.

The Clerk reported that the area around the tree on the green  needs tidying and the seat needs rubbing down and repainting.   The ivy should be removed from the tree and the weeds pulled out and then some more gravel put down.   It was agreed to have a working party on Saturday, 2nd June at 10.00am.

18/11

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

1. Letter from Alan Weston about a milestone which was run over by a tank on the Old Marlborough Road, Sidbury Hill.

It was agreed that the Clerk should write to the Commanding Officer of Kings Royal Hussars asking when it will be returned as it is a listed monument.

2. A letter has been received from the Chairman of the Governors of the School with an update about the process of transitioning Netheravon All Saints School to a Multi Academy Trust.

18/12

LIBRARY AND WAR MEMORIAL STATEMENT

The Chairman reminded the Council that the Library or Reading Room belongs to the village with the Vicar and two Churchwardens being the Trustees.  

The Chairman reminded the Council that the War memorial belongs to the Parish Council.  The land is leased from the MOD on a 999-year lease.

18/13

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

Cllr. Coslett asked whether Netheravon could have Poppies to Commemorate our Fallen on the lampposts along the High Street as Amesbury did last year.   The Clerk to investigate.

18/14

DATE OF NEXT COUNCIL MEETING 2018 14th June 2018

Annex A

Committee2018
PlanningCllr. David Burke
Cllr. Trevor Barker
Cllr. Brian Covil
Cllr. Charles Coslett
Flooding and Adverse WeatherCllr. David Burke
Cllr. Brian Covil
Highways (Parish Steward)Cllr. Brian Covil
Transport (CATG) A345Cllr. Peter Mackay
Cemetery/EnhancementCllr. Lesley Barker
Cllr. Maureen Mitchell
Recreation includes:
Milllennium Pk
BMX
Court Farm Play
Cllr. Andy Linscer
Cllr. Fred Collison
Phoenix HallCllr. Charles Coslett
Cllr. Roger Hayward
AllotmentsCllr. Brian Covil
Rights of WayCllr. Roger Hayward
Tidworth ABCllr. Trevor Barker
DefibrillatorsCllr. David Burke
Cllr. Maureen Mitchell
Cllr. Brian Covil
The Chairman and Vice-Chairman are ex-officio members of all Committees