Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 10th January 2019 at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon

Download this document

---
Parish Councillors Present:Cllr. T. BarkerChairman
Cllr. D. BurkeVice-Chairman
Cllr. Mrs. L. Barker
Cllr. F. Collison
Cllr. C. Coslett
Cllr. B. Covil
Cllr. R. Hayward
Cllr. D. Jaffray
Cllr. A. Linscer
Cllr. Mrs. M. Mitchell
In Attendance:Mrs. Mary TowleClerk of the Council
2 members of the public

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

For the benefit of the members of the public present the Chairman reported on the meeting with the Royal Artillery Museum which was held to inform Parish Councils along the Avon Valley from Amesbury to Upavon on their aspirations for Avon Camp West.   He said that there would be more information and the public will be involved when the Planning Application is considered. At the moment the Parish Council has an open mind about the proposal.

A member of the public said that there is a need for a Museum as it is a Collection of national importance, but he questioned whether Avon Camp is the right location.   He said that he was surprised to see in the Business Plan for the Museum that Netheravon Parish Council are in support of the project and asked that it is made clear to RAM that this is a new location and that the Parish Councillors are open minded at the moment until they have more details.   He also asked that this be put into the Newsletter. The Chairman agreed to this.

18/71

ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from: Cllrs. Ian Blair-Pilling

18/72

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no Declarations of Interest

18/73

MINUTES

It was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 8th November, 2018 be accepted as a true record.

18/74

FINANCE

  1. Authorization of Cheques

The following cheques were approved for the months of November/December 2018:

Cllr. Mileage £20.00

RGV – fixing brackets £96.00

Payroll £1125.13

Use of home as office £30.00

EnfordAV Youth Club £100.00

Mrs. M. Towle – misc petty cash £109.89

Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60

Playsafety Ltd – Rospa £247.80

Phoenix Hall – hiring £10.00

Payroll £951.83

Mrs. M. Towle – Use of home as office £30.00

Sovereign Playgrounds £11490.84

Hurdcott Landscapes £199.60

  1. Bank reconciliation

Balance in accounts: £17929.54

  1. The Clerk reported that she has made a VAT claim

  2.  Budget

It was RESOLVED that the budget as presented be approved.   The precept request for 2019/20 will be £26949.00.

18/75

COMMITTEE REPORTS

  1. Planning

Cllr. Burke reported that were 2 planning applications for the month of January which will be discussed at a planning meeting to be arranged.

18/11784/FUL FULL PLANNING APPLICATION  to build a 2 storey and single storey extension at Vine Cottage, Salisbury Road, Netheravon

Parish Council Comments:

18/11715/FUL FULL PLANNING APPLICATION  to amalgamate 2 dwellings to form a single dwelling at Paddock House, High Street.

Parish Council Comments:

 

  1. Flooding and Adverse Weather

Emergency Store

The Men’s Shed will be contacting the Parish Council in February with a quotation for converting part of the bus shelter at Ivy Cottage as an Emergency Store.

Emergency Plan  

There will be a meeting to test the draft Emergency Plan directly after the Planning Meeting.

 

  1. Highways

It was reported that a street light in Wain’s Way was knocked over and then straightened.    Clerk to ask MoD to check on the safety of this light.   Also there are two lights on Choulston Farm Road which are still faulty.   Clerk to chase.

 

  1. Cemetery/Enhancement

It was reported that volunteers turned out in force to plant the commemorative trees in the Cemetery.   Rabbit guards and poppies have been put on all trees.

 

  1. Recreation

It was reported that the playground has been completed.   The Clerk was asked to check on the Warranty.   It will have a ROSPA inspection in due course.   It was agreed to arrange a children’s party in the Millennium Park on Easter Monday.   Clerk to contact the Youth Club.

  1. Allotments

Nothing to report

  1. Phoenix Hall

Cllr. Coslett reported:

  • They would still welcome more members.   
  • There is a good core of regular hirers who are going to continue in 2019 including the School who have contracted at least until the end of this academic year.
  • Have arrange for the 2018 accounts to be audited
  • Future plans include:
  1. Upgrade of toilets
  2. Baby Changing unit
  3. Lottery bid for store room
  4. Hall charges review
  5. Change the key to the front door
  6. Paint the Committee Room
  • Electricity costs account for 25-30% of expenditure.   Investigating reducing this charge. Found that the meter is reading incorrect time by some hours therefore possibility that storage heaters are using day time tariff.

8. Rights of Way

Cllr. Hayward reported that a new Community Area Rights of Way Group is being formed.    More details will be reported when meetings have been held.

18/76

REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES OF OTHER GROUPS

 

  • Tidworth Community Area Board

The next Area Board is on 28th January, 2019 in Wellington College, Ludgershall.

18/76

REPORT BY THE CLERK

  1. The Clerk reported that an article about tree planting has appeared in the Woodland Trust publication called Broadleaf which mentions the tree planting by Netheravon.
  2. Seeds have arrived for perennial wildflowers for the Millennium Park.   Several people have volunteered to plant them in greenhouses so that plants can be put in the wild area of the Park.

18/77

CORRESPONDENCE

  1. There has been correspondence about the state of Jones Court.   The Clerk asked that the gardens been cleared, the rubbish removed and a dustbin area be incorporated in a new fence.

18/78

GENERAL PARISH MATTERS

  1. There were no other matters.

18/79

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 8th February, 2019 at 7.00 pm in the Phoenix Hall